Friday, February 10, 2006

02-10-06 Our First Trip into Paris







We woke this morning and took the RER (train) into Paris with my parents. As always the train ride is exciting for me. So many days of my college life were spent riding the RER and Metro into the University. We took time to sit down at a Cafe to have some breakfast. Hot Cocoa and croissants.
Afterwards, we headed over to la Sainte Chapelle. It was a beautiful day so we expected to see the sun shine through the beautiful stained glass. It was wonderful!

We also went to Notre Dame and walked through the Church. This time around there was no scaffholding around the church. After a few long walks, we headed to the Quartier Latin (Latin Quarter) and found a little hole in the wall place that my family has been going to eat greek food. We all had a gyros plate. Since it was freezing outside we ate inside and enjoyed eachothers company.

We then headed to the Sacre Coeur. The area surrounding the church is known for its artists and fabric stores. Katie was in fabric heaven... I have never seen so much fabric. Katie bought some fabric for her next quilt and then we headed up the hill to the church. It was beautiful to see all of Paris, from the Eiffel Tower to Notre Dame and etc...Since it was a beautifull day, all the artist brought out their art and many tourist were getting their portraits done.

We then headed home and enjoyed a Morocan dish...Couscous and Merguez. My favorite meal growing up!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie and Ryan, I love it, I love it, I love it. I am so excited for you guys! It looks a little cold in Paris but beautiful clear skys.
Here at home we are suffering with an early Spring. The last 3 days have been in the 70*s.
I know that you are making wonderful memories!!! ENJOY!
Love you, Mom

3:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home