02-12-06 Sunday News


Sunday morning we went to the church I grew up in. I greeted my old lady friends and then sat threw a typical service. We stood up in the middle of the service to introduce Katie to the whole church. My old church is probably 80% full of black people, mostly from the Antilles and Martinique. We got to visit with many old friends. It was great!!
We ate a late lunch and had a Paella. It is a Spanish dish with saffron rice and a mix of seafood and other meats. You can see us playing with the shrimp that still had their heads. My mom has been so good to us and has prepared all my favorite dishes.
Later in the afternoon we had an old neighbor girl friend who is now married and has a son, Alan. Things sure have changed since our last visit. I guess my old friends are entering that age where people are getting married and having kids.
We had a great visit and we then went out and met up with some friends from way back. I went to school with most of these people. For some of them, I was in their same class from elementary school to High school! We all went out to a Mexican restaurant, and all my friends were amazed that Katie could eat hard taco shells without spilling the contents. Hard taco shells are very new to France! And of course, the meal was complimented with some wine!
We ate a late lunch and had a Paella. It is a Spanish dish with saffron rice and a mix of seafood and other meats. You can see us playing with the shrimp that still had their heads. My mom has been so good to us and has prepared all my favorite dishes.
Later in the afternoon we had an old neighbor girl friend who is now married and has a son, Alan. Things sure have changed since our last visit. I guess my old friends are entering that age where people are getting married and having kids.
We had a great visit and we then went out and met up with some friends from way back. I went to school with most of these people. For some of them, I was in their same class from elementary school to High school! We all went out to a Mexican restaurant, and all my friends were amazed that Katie could eat hard taco shells without spilling the contents. Hard taco shells are very new to France! And of course, the meal was complimented with some wine!
1 Comments:
Ryan, How wonderful that you are spending time with old friends! Old memories and new at the same time. I'm sure you are loving your mom's home cooked meals. All I can offer you is spaghetti.
Katie does have many talents like eating a hard shelled taco gracefully or giving a beautiful big smile so people think she knows what they are talking about:)
Love you both, Mom
6:25 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home