Thursday, February 16, 2006

02-16-06 Day in Paris with my sis and Katie





Today was an awesome day. We were able to spend the whole day in Paris with my sister Janelle. We took the train into Paris and headed straight for the Eiffel Tower. We got there and had our breakfast at a Cafe over looking the Eiffel Tower. We had some croissants and Hot chocolate. Not any kind of chocolate. This thing was thick and had a deep chocolate flavor (I bet it was made from a good melted chocolate).
We then headed up the 700 stairs to the second story of the Eiffel tower. I guess we felt the need to work off the pastries!
It was a rather overcast day so it added nice texture to the scenery. We had to take the elevator up to the third floor and had to face heavy gust winds up there.... High winds and cold weather..... No need to say we were in need of a warm meal!
We had a panini at a small shop on our way to the Invalides (military museum and place of burial of Napoleon). The museum of world war II was very interesting. We then saw the burial spot where Napoleon lies. This place is amazing, marble floors, beautiful frescos and tombs. Napoleon's tomb is huge!
We then headed to the Arc de Triomphe and went down the champs Elysee. We had walked lots so we rewarded our efforts with a warm Nutella chocolate crepes. Yummy!
We then took the train to the outskirts of Paris and went to my sisters favorite restaurant. Katie was brave enough to taste my sister raw beef dish!! I know Gary wouldn't go for that. BUT, they do have some cool casinos here!!!
Needless to say we did lots of walking and talking and eating! It was just fun to be with my sister and spend some quality time with her. I love you Janelle!
Everyone is now sleeping and getting rested for tomorrow. Disney here we come!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan, I miss you guys so much that I decided to take a trip over there next week. Where did you say the casinos are? You can start cooking my meat now.
DAD

3:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie and Ryan,
Looks like you are having a great time. Paris is a beautiful city any time of the year. Debbie and I send you are love. Uncle Don

3:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home